Stress Diary and Stressor Analysis
For this activity, you will keep a Stress Diary for 5-7 days. When you have finished your diary, select one of the stressors that you identified and write a reflection paper about it. The diary format will be provided below. You can recreate it or cut and paste the table into a new document or you can put it at the end of your reflection paper. Include the following in your paper:
- • Introductory paragraph (tell the reader what the paper is about).
- • Describe your stressor (when it happened, why was it stressful, etc.).
- • Describe the type of stressor it is (ex. catastrophic or daily hassle) and if it is chronic or acute and why.
- • Describe the physical reaction and the emotional reaction you experienced.
- • On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the worst), describe how stressful this was for you and why
- • Describe your coping approach and explain if it is problem-focused, emotion-focused, or avoidant and why.
- • Explain why you think you cope this way and why you think it is or is not effective.
- • Describe one way you might improve your coping strategy for this stressor.
- • Describe your reaction to this activity. Was it helpful or not and why? Might you continue doing it?(The diary and the reflection)
- • Concluding paragraph (should tie everything together).
- • In-text citations and reference section at end (should be your textbook and/or online content)
- • Minimum 800 words
- • The font should be Times New Roman 12-point unbolded
- • Double-space your lines and use 1-inch margins
- • Follow APA style for formatting your citations and your reference page. Here are some sources: