Company project analysis
Company project analysis: Using the analytical tools each of you will learn, each person will prepare an analysis of a public company. The company will be evaluated from the perspective of both fixed income securities (e.g., would you buy the bonds in the medium to long-term?) and equity securities (e.g., would you buy or sell the stock in the medium to long-term?). You can provide some graphs and partial financial statements to help explanation.
I attached a file in Additional materials. That file is what I learned in this course, and writer can include some topics in the essay.
Approaches to the analysis should include:
(1) Current state of the financial health of the company
(2) Trends in the financial health over recent years and potentially into the future
(3) Comparison of the subject company with competitors and/or industry sector
(4) Analysis of the subject company’s industry sector
-Relative strengths or weaknesses
-Factors affecting the industry such as product, technical
innovation, regulation, economic cycles, etc.
(5) Assessing the company’s position within the industry context
-Is it a leader?
-Does it have a clear advantage vis a vis other industry
Is it subject to extreme competition or pricing pressure?