*need 6 page paper and 4 page PowerPoint.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay onPresentation
Your Elevator Pitch
• Job interview (Economists)
• Before we start: Two universally true & important Rules
• The Wharton’s rule
• The MECE principle (Mutually Exclusive Collectively Exhaustive)
• The most brilliant idea needs motivations.
• Your audience does not care about your topic.
• You have 1-2 slides to change their minds
• Make them count
• Policy questions
• State a research question/several questions in the Podcast.
• E.g. Policy/counterfactual question: what would happen if…?
• Estimate of an important “deep” parameter: how forward-looking are
• Test of an important theoretical prediction…
• Outline what your podcast is about and why?
• Convey why you have something to add?
• Assume the audience about to leave
• Make sure they walk out with something
• Be tangible but terse
An Example: my job market paper
• Preview of Results
• Main Contributions
• Then Details
if you have any questions, please let me know