Marriage & family in the media
Contemporary media and the image of marriage and love
This paper is to compare and contrast the changing attitudes in t he media towards love, relationships and marriage.
- Select one show from column A and one show from column B.
- Report the name of the show, the season (s) and the episode (e).
- Describe the characters and the plot as if the reader has never seen any episode of the show.
- Describe each show’s concept of love either as expressly mentioned or as implied from the characters interaction.
- Describe each show’s concept of marriage either as expressly mentioned or as implied by the characters interaction.
- The major portion of the paper should be dedicated to comparison of love and marriage in the two shows. Provide evidence from the shows.
- Paper should be 4 pages, 14 font, single space, no cover sheet
Married with Children
Father Knows Best
Andy Griffith Show
Everyone Loves Raymond
I love Lucy
My 3 sons
All in the Family
King of Queens
George Lopez Show
Queer as Folk
Big Bang Theory
Mike & Molly
NCIS: Los Angeles
Law & Order: SVU