Pregnancy/Women on Drugs
Students will be completing a cumulative project that showcases your course of study and your career ambitions. Projects should be academically based in research and applicable to your personal career, situation or experience. Your project should:
• involve research
• demonstrate your ability to think and write critically
• apply your knowledge of history and your course of study to make a scholarly contribution to the discipline of human services
Option 2 – Research Paper: A factual/analytical research paper for this capstone course would consist of a focused topic or subject in human services that interests you and addresses a particular problem or event in human services. You would then compose a 10 page research paper (not including title page) in APA format that addresses the following:
• Topic/ Introduction and Thesis Statement: State the purpose of your research paper clearly. What is the main reason you are writing the paper? Is this a factual report, a comparison, or an analysis of a psychological topic? Explain briefly the major points and/or arguments you plan to cover in your paper and why readers should be interested in your topic.
• Body: Present your evidence that supports your topic and or argument.
• Literature Review: 10-15 scholarly references in annotated bibliography format that supports your topic and leads your to further research.
• Conclusion: Summarize your topic and argument. Explain why you have come to this particular conclusion. Faith integration.