Wit Film Reaction/Discussion.
Wit Film 2001
Purpose: 1. To experience the feelings and reactions of a person who is dying of a serious illness.
2. To evaluate the health care system in relation to the needs of the dying individual.
3. To critique the ways in which health care personnel interact with the dying individual.
4. To explore ones’ own reactions and attitudes toward the dying experience from illness.
1. What were the patient’s reactions to her diagnosis and treatment? How aware was she of possible impending death? How did she react to her situation? 20%
2. Discuss various issues or problems in the health care delivery system as presented in the film. How could they be improved? 20%
3. Considering her need for care in a facility: Where do you think the focus should be to deliver the best kind of care to the patient? 1) On the hospital policies? 2) On the attitudes and interaction style of the health care personnel working with the patient? Both? Why? 20%
4. From the patient’s experience in the film, what do you think is/are the most important issue(s) she faced around the illness and dying situation? Why? What do you think she needed? What would you want to provide for her as a caregiver? 15%
5.What were your reactions to the film? How does the film relate to your own personal experience? 20%