Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (TWOK, both the theatrical movie and the internet toy movie)
has many themes which also appear in the readings, audio files, and videos to which
you have been exposed in this class. You have learned about religious, historical, political, theological,
and philosophical concepts in this class, and Star Trek II addresses each of those concepts
and many others. Compose an essay of one to three pages in which you connect the themes of
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (the actual movie or the the toy movie) with the material that has been
presented in this class.
1. You have broad discretion in composing this.
2. Use your own judgment in connecting the two.
3. Yes, you may focus on just one connection.
4. You may focus on several. (It’s up to you.)
5. You must cite your sources.
6. You must cite your sources.
7. Do not plagiarize.
8. Why do you think the internet has the answers?
9. Usually the highest grade on this type of essay quiz has gone to the student who just speaks
their own analysis, not some analysis borrowed from some web site.
10. Trust your own analysis.
11. Here is a hint. There is one major theme that connects TWOK with the history presented here.
It is hard to deny an A to the one who figures out what this major connection is.
What does TWOK have to do with the stuff we are reading about? Well, there is one major connection.
This does not mean that other connections are excluded. There are many paths to an A.
12. Choose the system of citation that you want: APA, Turabian, Chicago, etc. The important thing is to cite
your sources when you use the work of others.