Critical Thinking Writing 2
Unheard Voices in the Humanities Critical Thinking Writing 2
Due date: See course calendar for due date Length: 750 words
As part of your work in critical thinking, you watched a presentation at the beginning of the semester that displayed your understanding of, and ability to, critically think at that point in your education. You are now being asked to write an essay at the end of the semester that explores your growth in critical thinking over the course of the semester. Your essay should include:
1) A reflection concerning your attitude of intellectual inquiry including how your attitude of intellectual inquiry has changed over the course of the semester.
a) This reflection may or may not include whether you are interested in learning new things. Are you a naturally inquisitive person? Do you have varied interests, or limited interests? Are there things that all educated people in a society must know? If so, what are they?
2) A reflection concerning your interest and ability in information literacy including how your understanding of information literacy has changed over the course of the semester.
a) This reflection may or may not include whether you believe what you read, discover on the internet, or are told. What do you do to make certain that your information is accurate? Are you a logical person? Do you even question the logic of information you come across?
3) An exploration of your critical, analytical and critical thinking skills including a reflection of how these skills have changed over the course of the semester.
a) As you think, do you actively consider whether your thoughts are logical and evidence based? Is it important for you to become a better critical thinker? What is your plan to become a better critical thinker? Please be specific
· All information from external sources must be cited.
· When you name your document file, name it “Critical Thinking Writing 2”
· Final draft is due at 11:59 PM on the end of the day indicated in the course calendar.
· All assignments must be submitted on the assigned due date. Late assignments will not be accepted. Those students wishing to appeal to have a late assignment accepted must do so no later than 48 hours after the assignment is due and acceptance of the late assignment is at the discretion of theprofessor.
· Final draft must be submitted using the links in Elearn
Assignment will be assessed using the Critical Thinking Rubric