Study Skills (ENG103/SSR101)
One of the requirements of this course is to write a report. The deadline for submitting the reports will be by 25th November 2020. The mark allocated for the paper constitutes 25 % of the total mark of the course. You can choose any of the topics mentioned below to write a report on. Alternatively, you can write on any other scientific or informative topic. In this case, you need to get permission from your instructor about the title of the topic before you commence writing on it. You should include the following in the report:
- Title Page
- Table of Contents
- List of Illustrations/ Graphics
- At least three parts to cover the body of the report.
- Conclusion /Summary
- List of References
Choose ONE of the following topics and write a report on: (15 = marks)
- Child Labour: In the developed world, the job of children is to simply learn, grow, and enjoy themselves; but in the developing world, this is unfortunately not reality — write a report on how children are maltreated in certain cases and what should be done to avoid that.
- Renewable energy.Solar energy, windmills, the potential of water resources, electric vehicles, and many other solutions are now in place; but environmental issues are still persistent. Why is renewable energy underused? Why is the production of electric vehicles in its infancy although it started at the beginning of the 20th century? Write a report to answer these questions.
- Childhood obesity: Because of all the high-calorie foods that are available today, many children in industrialized countries have weight problems — what should be done to avoid such a situation? Write a report to shed light on this problem.
- Font size for text is 12 points and 14 points for headings.
- Use two fonts only in the whole report. Arial is to be used for headings and Times New Roman is for text.
- Use a 1-1/2-inch margin at the top and 1-inch margins for the left, right, and bottom.
- Spacing between lines is 1.5 lines.
- Use Roman numerals for pages before page 1 of the introduction
- Use Arabic numerals for pages beginning with page 1 of the introduction.
- Don’t display a numeral on the title page.
- The length of the reports is 2000 words excluding the title page, table of contents, list of illustrations, and list of references.
- The report should be uploaded in one word document on Turnit-in link available on MOODLE.
- Similarity % should not be more than 20 %.
- There will be a Turnit-in link available on MOODLE to upload your work.
- Uploading deadline is 25th Novemeber, 2020 .