Dissecting a Qualitative Research Report
Your paper should include your name and course title, adhere to APA style, and written in 12-font and double-spaced. Use the four APA Level-1 headings and APA Level-2 headings as sub-sections. The full APA references should appear at the end of the assignment. Use format template on next page for this assignment.
Include the full reference of the article as the title of your paper.
From a recent (past 5 years) peer-reviewed journal, find an article that utilized the qualitative method. Read the article and be able to provide a short summary of the study. Use the following guidelines:
• Problem Statement – Identify the background/rationale and research problem for the study.
• Theory – Identify the theory the researcher(s) grounded the study in and describe the major research findings that support the theory. Next, list out the research questions or aims.
• Participant(s) – Who or what was the population of interest and what sample participated in the study.
• Data Collection Strategies – Identify out of the following which were used and then provide a definition. How these were used will be answered in the Procedures section.
o Interviews and questionnaires
o Audiovisual materials
• Design – Briefly describe the research design or approach that was utilized (e.g., ethnographic or phenomenological approach). Provide a definition of the design and a rationale as to why the design was the most appropriate (i.e., connect the design back to the research problem to be addressed).
• Procedures – Briefly describe the data collection procedures.
• Identify who and how the data were analyzed.
• Describe the findings of the study and discuss how it supports or refutes the theory presented in the literature review.
Limitations and Suggestions – Identify the potential reasons why one should “suspend trust” in drawing inferences from using the qualitative method. Provide some rationale for additional approaches that can strengthen the outcome.
• Ethical Considerations – Briefly discuss any related ethical or field issues that should be a consideration when collecting qualitative data?
Please provide annotations where you found the information in the article and please make sure the problem statement is not a purpose statement
Also please provide the article