Critique of Systematic Review
Select a systematic review article related to your problem of interest (PICOT); I have attached the systematic review article, select a review for a nursing topic of interest. Please Upload the article to the Research Critique: Systematic Review. Critically read the article and critique it – then answer the following questions. This is not a formal APA paper.
Article Reference (APA – 5 points)
Critique of Systematic Review (50 points/3 points each)
- What is the stated research problem and/or research questions?
- What is the scope of the project? Is it appropriate?
- What were the criteria for selecting primary studies, and are the criteria defensible?
- Were the bibliographic databases used by the reviewers identified, and are they appropriate and comprehensive?
- What were the keywords used?
- What was the defined set of criteria or the validated quality appraisal scale that was used?
- Did two or more people do the appraisals, and was interrater reliability reported?
- What information was used in selecting studies or analyzing results?
- Was adequate information extracted about the study design, sample characteristics, and study findings?
- What steps were taken to enhance the integrity of the data set (e.g., Were two or more people used to extract and record information for analysis)?
- What was the method of pooling and integrating the data?
- How were tables, figures, and text used to summarize findings? Was it effective?
- What were the reviewer’s conclusions about their results and about the quality of evidence relating to the research question?
- What were the limitations of the review/synthesis?
- What were the implications for nursing and health care practice?
This assignment will be submitted and automatically run through Turnitin
This is one of the references to be used