Management Information Systems
You are working, hypothetically, for a medium-to-large aviation-related enterprise, and thanks to your ERAU College of Business degree, you have substantial knowledge of IS. Because of your expertise, you were placed in a management position. Now your superiors expect results! Upper management has tasked you to investigate and evaluate IS solutions, 1. Transportation Management System (TMS), 2. Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM).
- Describe how the information each system will benefit your company.
- Provide details and examples of applications and solutions offered by retail vendors.
- Describe the framework for each solution that the internal staff of your company might develop and implement.
- Present an account of the strengths, weaknesses, and cost considerations for those solutions.
- Identify and describe how a solution can provide a competitive advantage, influence strategy, affect organizational performance, and increase operational efficiency.
The following are the submission requirements for this assignment:
- Submit researched scholarly data for TWO Info System-related solutions.
- Submit a minimum of TWO full pages of double-spaced text in the Body of the Text section for EACH IS-related solution. The MINIMUM number of submitted pages in the Body of the Text section is FOUR full pages. The Title, Abstract, Reference List pages, and the paragraph consisting of 4-5 sentences that introduce the need for IS-related solutions in your company are not considered part of the “FOUR full pages” in the Body of the Text section requirement.
- Precede the paragraphed data for each topic in the Body of the Text section with the centered-title of the topic.
- A minimum of TWO primary reference sources outside of the course textbook are required to be cited and referenced in the document submission (ONE per topic).
- Analysis & Comprehension – A THOROUGH analysis of TWO topics was provided AND a HIGH level of understanding of TWO topics was demonstrated.
- Content – A minimum of FOUR FULL pages of double-spaced text was submitted in the Body of the Text.
- Style & Mechanics – ALL sentences were properly structured and carefully focused AND the data was ENTIRELY free of spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors.
- Scholarly Research – Scholarly research was conducted utilizing a minimum of FOUR outside primary sources AND terminology from the source materials was presented.
- APA Style – ALL of the following APA style components were provided and there were NO format errors: Title Page, Page Header with Page Numbers, Abstract Page (label only), Conclusion Section Header following the 4 MIS topics in the Body of the Text (label only), Reference List Page.