Management of Information Systems
Please write a concise (one page- 500 words) position statement regarding information security in a global organization. Please include a specific case to analyze.
– What are the risks presented?
– How do you address them without impeding progress?
The course presentation slides (attached)
The reading material:
Management Information Systems: Managing the Digital Firm, Chapter 7, p.254-299 (attached)
Business communication should have the following components:
1. Front Matter – Please add a heading with your name, the name of the assignment, the date, etc. For longer papers, please include a table of contents.
2. Introduction (or sometimes called an Executive Summary) – Clearly state the objective upfront. Sometimes a one or two paragraphs summarizing the paper are helpful. I call this the executive summary.
3. Main body – In the body of the paper, state your perspective (which can be an opinion) but be careful to cite data, references, and sources. Unlike an academic paper, you can use less formal sources like newspapers, magazine articles, web sites, etc. but be careful to look at the veracity and quality of the source. For example, the Wall Street Journal is a good source but the New York Post might not be. Blogs, in general, are not acceptable but there could be exceptions if they are not merely opinion mills.
4. Summary – Finally, summarize your position at the end in a brief statement. Here you can also make recommendations.
*Unless otherwise stated in the assignment, please use single spaced 12 point font.