Problem-solution Essay Assignment
For this assignment, write a well-developed 3-4 page essay (750-900 words) in which you research a problem, look for alternative solutions, and recommend the most effective solution using credible evidence.
Introduction: The essay should have a one-paragraph introduction in which you define and analyze the problem. You may consider answering one or more of these questions to develop the introduction:
Define the Problem
- What is the specific problem that you are concerned about?
- In stating this problem, what terms, concepts, or ideas need to be defined?
Analyze the Problem
- What is the history of the problem?
- What are the causes of the problem?
- What methods (approaches, laws, policies, etc.) exist for dealing with the problem?
- What are the limitations of these methods?
The introduction ends with a thesis that: 1) presents a solution to the problem OR 2) presents a narrowed version of problem with a solution.
Body paragraphs: The body paragraphs should follow one of the structures outlined in the materials linked on Module 6. You can expand one the questions above (Define/Analysis of the problem) to develop this part of the essay.
Credible evidence: You need to find evidence to support your ideas. You should use at least two sources in the essay to support your ideas.
Conclusion: The conclusion must restate the thesis and offer an opinion or reflection based what the analysis you presented in the essay.
MLA Style & Formatting:Your essay should be formatted according to MLA and you will need to cite the video in your bibliography.