Ethics in Criminal Justice: CCJ5800_0803_2004
Course: Ethics in Criminal Justice: CCJ5800_0803_2004
Textbook: Belshaw, S. H. & Johnstone, P. (2016). Ethics in the criminal justice system. Dubuque, IA: Kendal Hunt Publishing Company.
Complete Section: EACH QUESTION MUST BE ANSWERED INDIVIDUALLY AND HAVE 2 SCHOLARLY RESOURCES FOR EACH QUESTION (ONE REFERENCE MUST BE FROM THE UNIT READING THAT IS ATTACHED / THE OTHER REFERENCE MUST BE A SCHOLARLY REFERENCE) Each answer must be minimum of 300 words.
APA FORMAT AND MUST USE IN-TEXT CITATIONS. THIS IS NOT AN ESSAY PAPER AND DOES NOT NEED A COVER SHEET. PLEASE ANSWER EACH QUESTION SEPARATELY AND INCLUDE THE QUESTION NUMBER Each question must have its own resources. Each question should be minimum of 300-word answer.
- Define the code of silence and explain how it might play into a platonic cave example.
- Define racial profiling and provide an example. In your response, differentiate between criminal profiling and racial profiling. To what degree are these concepts ethical in your opinion?
- Name and define the four formulations of Kant’s categorical imperative. Give examples for each.
- Explain the concept of Mills’ consequential utilitarianism.
- Using the internet, identify a current event (last 3 years) where a criminal justice practitioner in policingcommitted an unethical act(s). Using this event, clearly identify the ethical dilemma or unethical action. Using this current event, apply components of utilitarianism. How would the unethical action be viewed under this paradigm?
For example, would it be considered wrong? What would an appropriate action to the dilemma been?; How should the actor be sanctioned?, etc…