Bicycle Thieves Film Analysis
Watch the movie and answer the following questions. When you watch, keep track of the time stamp, which is when something in the movie happened. MAKE SURE TO TIME STAMP EVERY QUESTION!!!!!!
1. There is a key shot (a tilt up) at the pawn shops of the bed sheets being put away. Time Stamp it and explain why you think it might be an important moment.
2. The movie enters a church for several minutes. Time Stamp when they go to the church. If you think the director is making a statement about religion, what do you think it is?
3. The title change appears to have been an accidental translation, BUT why MIGHT it be that most American audiences would prefer the title Bicycle Thief over Bicycle Thieves?
4. Do you like the non-professional actors? Why or why not?
5. How might this film be an influence on small budget films today? Provide at least two examples.
6. Cite your favorite three moments in the movie, time stamp when they start, and say why you like them. Go into detail.