You are required to submit a research paper on one of the project management topics listed below. The intent of this paper is for you to delve deeper into a particular topic, analyse and synthesize the material in a concise manner, and demonstrate critical thinking. It is about you ADDING VALUE to course content, not repeating it. Think of it as a mini literature review with an organizational example included to consider the usefulness of scholarly work. This is primarily about reporting back on what the literature says–it is not an opinion piece. You are encouraged and expected to critique the literature (what you think of it), but you must FIRST talk about the theories and the constructs, then you can offer your opinion on it and how it applies to you.
The following are suggested Project Management Topics area for the Individual Paper;
- DMAIC Project Management
- PRINCE2 Project Management
- Waterfall Project Management
- Critical Chain Project Management (CCPM)
- Capability Maturity Model
- Organizational Project Management Maturity Model (OPM3)
- Systems Development Life-Cycle (SDLC)
- New Product Development
- The paper is to follow APA rules and guidelines.
- You must have at least 4 academic sources, maximum two of which can be the course textbooks; the remaining must be peer reviewed articles.
- The paper is to be 2500 (+/- 10%) words in length.
- The paper must have a title page and a separate page for references at the end. It is expected that the introduction comprises no more than 10% of the paper, the research body is to be roughly 70% of the paper, and the remaining 20% to be conclusion with application/reflection. Structure the paper such as to have titles and subtitles that reflect the content of the paper.
Analysis Paper will be marked in its entirety out of 100. The following rubric indicates the criteria students are to adhere to, and their relative weights to the assignment overall.
|Activity/Competencies Demonstrated||% of Final Grade|
|1.||Critical Analysis and Research (55%)|
|a. Depth of background summary (supported by research)||/10|
|b. Appropriateness of research (academic)||/20|
|c. Depth of SWOT analysis (all components covered in detail)||/25|
|a. Uses language clearly and effectively||/10|
|b. Information organized intelligently and holistically (i.e., not simply answers to questions)||/10|
|c. Proper introduction and conclusion to paper||/5|
|3.||Attention to Detail (20%)|
|a. APA Referencing and formatting (title, headings, and references)||/10|
|b. Spelling and grammar||/10|