ITPM 615 Research Paper Project Performance
Library Research Assignment
Your company has seen important internal projects go off course during execution. After-the-fact analysis has revealed that the common factors are inadequate budget controls and inconsistencies in budget estimation. Senior management now believes that developing and integrating a set of standard control processes for both planning and execution will raise success rates.
Using the online library, Internet, and all course materials, research your topic on the techniques used for project cost estimation, budget planning, and establishing cost baselines.
Write a 1-page summary each on the topics below:
- Analogous estimating
- Bottom-up estimating
- Parametric estimating
As a group, discuss your findings on the techniques.
The bottom-up estimation entails compiling a work breakdown structure (WBS). Work with your small group to complete the following:
- Compile a step-by-step method for creating the work breakdown structure (WBS).
- Provide the detailed scope definition, project schedule, and project budget.
- Give special attention to the time management processes.
- Use a hypothetical project to illustrate your understanding of the WBS.
Create a 5–8-page report that includes the following:
- The individual summary topics
- The step-by-step method for creating the WBS
- A detailed scope definition, project schedule, and project budget
- Be sure to provide the time management processes.
- A reference page with all of your citations
For more information on APA style, please visit the APA Style Lab.
Please add your file.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.