Final Project (Interactive Solutions)
Currently, the world is going through a crazy epidemic (COVID-19). I hope all is well and are being safe. There are numerous data available online about COVID-19, such as COVID new cases per state, fatalities per country. As a data scientist, you are in charge of building an interactive chart that depicts numerous angles (at least three).
- Data Acquisition, Examination, and Transformation.
- Collect the dataset you are planning to use within your project.
- Data Examination
- Examine the dataset to determine how you want to create an interactivity design and briefly explain your Solution.
- If needed, perform Data Transformation
- Perform data transformation techniques such as data cleansing, conversion, creation, and consolidation on the dataset.
- Record the transformation activities you performed on your dataset.
- Data Exploration
- Decide how you want to present the data.
- Decide the tool you would like to create the interactive Solution. The tool could be a developer’s tool or non-developer’s tool.
- If you are not familiar with the tool, complete a tutorial. The reference below includes links to different types of interactive tools and tutorials.
- Interactive Solution
- Design and develop an interactive solution.
- Explain the challenge you encounter.
- Explain how to avoid such occurrence when and if you decide to go live/production.
- Proposed Dynamic Solution
- Explain how you would modify your solutions that allow the data to change (dynamic) with a database continually.
Word file with writing about the following:
- Data Acquisition, Examination, and Transformation [10 points]
- Data Exploration [10 points]
- Interactive Solution [40 points]
- Proposed Dynamic Solution [10 points]
- Screenshots of the different angles of the interactive Solution [4 points]
- APA formatting required. [5 points]
- At least five pages including cover page and reference list [1 point]
Submit a draft copy by 3 August 2020 at 11:59 PM and the final version on or before 10 August 2020. Draft copy submission is available in week 13 folder while the final submission will be open during week 14
- Draft submission should include at least the Data Acquisition, Examination, and Transformation section [5 points]
- All other sections [75 points]