Implementing interventions to reduce falls
PAPER FOR PROJECT:
The project focuses on a need of the unit/ agency where you practice. It is a demonstration of how you have mastered the process improvement and evidence-based professional practice content grounded in the nursing process based on evidence from previous courses. The project will be presented in a scholarly paper that includes the following:
• Brief Description of the Practice Setting
• Clear Definition of the Management or Leadership Problem
• Significance of the Problem for nursing practice
• Review of the Literature Related to the Problem (supported by peer reviewed references)
• Proposed Interventions to Address the Problem – include alternatives and why you chose one intervention over the other (supported by peer reviewed references)
• Resources required to implement – personnel, equipment and fiscal, stakeholders, regulatory/ legal components
• Potential Barriers and how to overcome
• How you will evaluate your intervention -Specific, Measurable Goals or Outcomes – includes timeframe and how you will measure them. Include any results if implemented and available. Use SMART goals
• Impact of the Proposed Interventions – anticipated if not implemented completely
• How will you disseminate your results after completion of the project?
APA formatting should be followed in the paper. Clear and concise writing is critical to presenting your thoughts. The paper should be 8-10 pages excluding title page, references, and any appendices (if used) Include any handouts, PowerPoints that you might use in presenting and implementing the paper. These will be considered appendices.
I will upload information on the initial proposal for the project and the instructors recommendations.
The paper is centered around interventions to reduce falls that I was supposed to be implementing on my unit. Through out the semester I was writing discussions centered around the proposed project. I will attach as it will give you a better idea of what to write on and my writing style. This paper is more like a creative paper as I was unable to implement anything on my floor due to Covid. The interventions I was supposed to implement were every shift fall risk assessments and hourly rounding.